Saturday 30 June 2012

White Tattoos. Yay, or Nay?

So I've been looking at my back tattoo a lot in the past few months, and I couldn't be more frustrated with myself.
I got it done for my 21st Birthday as a gift to myself and I'm glad I did it but I'm annoyed that I've put off getting it finished!
( For thoses that don't know what my tattoo looks like, you can can check it out here).

It looks beautiful as it is but if you could only see the finished product that made me say 'YES!' to getting it put on me permanently you'll know why I'm itching to get it completed.
Cause all that is really needed is the beautiful detailing to be shaded in, for more definition, and the middle filled in.

A lot of people have asked me what is going in the middle and it's always the same answer, a skull.
Yeah and I get a lot of the same looks that have probably showed up on you're face.
Bewildered confusion!
But the thing is my tattoo wasn't just a 'on a whim' design, it comes from a lot of different designs and decisions on a course of 8years!
And when I think about it, tons of people already had the same idea! ( e.g. Swallows, Angel wings, dandelions etc etc ) And I really wanted mine to be unique.


The skull, however, was going to be needled in black ink; but I've been seriously contemplating on getting it done in white ink so that it does and doesn't stand out that much as it has caused a lot that 'bewilderment'.

So I went on google and here's some white-ink tattoo's that I came accross which I just thought looked beautiful!





The first and second picture's my fave as the detail is so emmaculate and so different from you're normal black ink that I can just see how good my tattoo will look once it's finished!

I'm now super excited, but unfortunately it's going to need to be put off a little more as Andrei (my boyfriend) and I are halfway done saving to move into a new home and also putting money away for our 5 year Anniversay at the end of July which I'll will come back to a little later :-)

So what are you're thoughts on white tattoo's?
Would it be something you'll consider?
Do have any tattoo's that you're proud of/regret?
Where would you reccommend to get inked in you're city?

I know a lot of my followers are US/UK based, but if you ever decide to come to Auckland, New Zealand and would like some ink, I reccommend you go where I got my tattoo; The Tattooed Heart ( link for website here ), and my tattooists name is Aaron.
He's you're typical Heavy Metaler with an amazing talent and I would say nothing but good things about his work to anyone!

Otherwise I will keep you up-to-date with my tattoo's progress in another month or so once the anniversary and moving's over and hopefully it will look as good as I'm imagining :-)

MUCH LOVE

XOXOX

9 comments:

  1. hi =D

    the white ink tattoos look cool but i still prefer the black ones ..

    if you want to have sleeve tattoo i think white will look amazing .. well, ya it depends of what kind of tattoo you want + i think white tattoo woulg be amazing with tan

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking exactly the same thing!

    I do love black tattoo's, which go great with my 'white-as-snow' skin and I've considered sleeve's but I don't think I'm that brave yet. I may consider it once I have more of a tan :P
    I'm designing tattoo's at the moment for my thighs and on my rib cage which I've done previous posts on. Definitely check them out and tell me what you think! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your back tattoo is gorgeous! i think the white can potentially look slightly like a sunburn depending on the design, but I do like how the second and third look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!
    I can't believe I only got it done 6 months ago and I'm still getting compliments for it :-)

    I wondered about that but still I do like the idea of getting white ink, it'll be different and the tattoos above look pretty gorge so here's hoping!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg. your tattoo looks very hot and nice! :)) great job, sweetie

    love
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love white tattoos!! I've been wanting a white tattoo on my wrist which says forget! It would look so amazing! :)

    p.s. feel free to check out my fashion blog too,
    if you have time! :)

    Much love,
    The Cabinet Of Fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you @Beau and @Salha for you're lovely comments!

    I agree my tattoo is pretty hot, and Salha I love that idea for a tattoo, it can mean so much e.g. people that have hurt you etc...

    I have checked out both you're blogs and I think they're great and so inspirational, I'm following each and every one of you and hope to hear more from you in future!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful images, I myself have done the same thing with my own tattoo! I have so many I want yet I have not spared the time as of yet to get them!
    perhas it is because if i get more, i will only want even more.

    sophie-mayanne.blogspot.co.uk
    Stop by and checkout my blog sometime, I would love to know what you think x

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Sophie-mayann, aren't they?
    And I'm exactly the same! I've designed so many tattoos since I got my first one but I really want the first finished!
    They're so addictive and seeing other great artists works just adds fuel to flame :P
    They only thing that makes it easier not to get them is the price they cost. Mine alone cost $700 and that's just the outline haha

    I've checked out you're blog and you're photos are exquisite! What kind of camera do you use?
    I'm you're new follower and I can't wait to see more of you're pics :-)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

I read & reply to all comments, do please check back to see if I have replied to yours.
Thank you ❤