Monday 14 October 2013

Second trimester down, one to go....

I cannot believe I'm finally in the third trimester of pregnancy!

It feels like only a month ago Andrei and found out; feelings of excitement, worry and explainable joy are still very raw even though I did the test in May.
Now it's October and anytime within late December or early January our baby will be here, it's crazy!

Luka's movements have been more prominent in the last 3weeks. You can see her kicking and moving about so well in my tummy I will need to upload some videos of her movement soon...
The only downside is that it's getting extremely cramped in that little space she's happily growing in. I'm starting to feel uncomfortable when sitting and I'm starting to sleep with a pillow between my legs.

From L to R: week 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21.

From L to R: week 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27.
Otherwise everything seems to be OK :-)
I've started nesting (an extreme urge to clean EVERYTHING, like a mother bird prepares a nest I'm preparing a healthy home) and have soaked and double cleaned a lot of clothes, linen and this weekend I'll be cleaning the walls, crevices in our room as Luka will be sleeping next to us in her bassinet....which reminds me I need to clean that as well plus her clothes!

** A quick tip for expectant mothers, always clean newborn babies clothes before they wear them as the chemical spray the use to set and preserve clothing on display is very harsh on their new delicate skin and may cause allergies. Even wash hand-me-downs as you don't know how long they've been sitting around etc, you can read all about that here .

Me now at 28weeks! Just look at that belly!
I'm so excited! My pregnancy has gone incredibly fast and although I want to fully immerse myself with my baby list I have to remind myself about spending more time with Drei.
We're going to a Halloween party this weekend (I'm going as a half sugar skull and half Marilyn Monroe, I want Drei to go as Heath Ledgers 'Joker' from The Dark Knight but we shall see...) plus going to see the new Metallica movie at IMAX tomorrow!
I've also put by him that when I go on maternity leave we should go to Goat Island and do a bit of snorkeling plus a little trip around the Coromandel and enjoy the summer together as I doubt we'll have time to do that when Luka's here, she'll be much too small to go on long trips and obviously wont be able to snorkel with us!

So that's kinda the plan at the moment, it's really just a waiting a game at the moment. I do want to keep myself busy though as I've heard the last 10weeks of pregnancy tend to drag so having those plans in tow will make the wait more bearable :-)
In the mean time I'll leave with the usual read below, cheers everyone!

How far along? 28 weeks (7months) pregnant yipee!

Total weight gain/loss? I haven't weighed myself yet so I'm gonna stick with 67kgs although I feel a lot heavier as Luka now weights around 2pounds!

Maternity clothes? No maternity wear. I don't see the point in spending money on a short term thing. I still wear the same jeans that I did before I got pregnant, but a wear them with a Belly Belt. It definitely saves you a lot of money in the long run. The only thing I will buy is maternity lingerie, my bra's that served me pre-preg are now starting to get small and cut into my skin so I'm going to need to get some which I know of a Bendon outlet close by which sell Elle Macpherson Maternity (I do still want to feel sexy y-know?) plus some good basics.

Stretch marks? Still none, let's hope it stays that way!

Symptoms: Shortness of breath, sore legs, beginning to feel uncomfortable....hooray....

Sleep: It's good, like a stated earlier it's having it's challenges, I'm also waking up at strange hours again I.E. 2, 3 and 4am and then having to force myself back to sleep. But otherwise I sleep like a baby, no pun intended.

Best moment this week? Hitting the 3rd trimester! Plus my gym rang me today and on Wednesday we'll be taking photo's for my gym article which will be going up soon!!!

Miss anything? Of course, but I'm not going to bother with my '-pre-pregnancy' hang up's, I'm actually loving being pregnant right now. My bump makes me smile and love feeling Luka move around.

Movements? Always. I suppose every mother feels like there baby has the most strongest kicks ever! But because my belly is still quite tight her kicks are very obvious and even my mum (who's had 6 children) thinks they're very strong, it's awesome that I can see her moving too, she tends to move much more when she's hungry and when she's had some food. That's my girl!

Food cravings? Nothing too extreme. I've been wanting fruit salad and yogurt, bangers and mash, roasts. Obviously not together!

Starting to show? I'm not too sure, what do you think?

Happy or moody most of the time? Good moods, happy happy all around!

Exercising? I am. I didn't make it to the gym last week as we had a bad bout of rain. I walked 30mins to the bus stop and back home each way to catch the bus to work and the weather cleared up a little bit during the weekend so I did a 30min walk around the block.

Baby is a: Girl!

Belly button in or out? In.

Looking forward to? My gym article going up, receiving my dress I ordered from ASOS, buying my shoes, going to see the Metallica movie and my friends Halloween party!

XOXOX 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read & reply to all comments, do please check back to see if I have replied to yours.
Thank you ❤