Monday 18 November 2013

Latest little splurges...

Ugh I feel like it's been ages since I've brought something worth blogging about!

I haven't really spent a lot of money on myself lately due to saving money and spending it mostly on the baby.
But last week, and the week before, I decided to splurge a little on things I wanted and needed :-)




 
Wedge heels // 'Poppin' from Overland Footwear // NZD$199.90
 


 
Sandals // 'Michele' from Overland Footwear // NZD$159.90
 
 
Bag // 'Cora' from Overland Footwear // NZD$139.90
 
I'm quite rapt with the shoes I chose. They're both very comfortable and go with a range of outfits, the wedges aren't too high and the sock lining is so spongy!
I really love the gems on the sandals, they capture the light so beautifully when you walk it looks as though they change colour, my work mates and I were a bit iffy about them to begin with but it was really one of those things that you had to try on before you judged. It was one of our best sellers and both styles are a true summer essential!
 
I'm really happy with the bag too, I've needed a change from this Olga Berg one I've had for 2years!
I love the teal colour, it brightens up any outfit and it's incredibly spacious so I'll be using as my own bag as well as a baby bag by buying a bag organizer which come with compartments for bottles, clothes nappies etc etc.
Definitely saves me spending money on baby things that I don't need, and the bag is synthetic so it'll be easy to clean :-)
 
R.I.P bag, you served me well
 
 
And last but definitely not least is this beautiful one shoulder green maternity dress from ASOS.
Kiwi's are known in fashion for the amount black they wear, and I'm finding myself slowly moving towards more colour, mainly because it's summer but also my tastes in fashion have changed quite a lot since being preggers.
 
 
 
 

 
Dress // ASOS Maternity // Brought on sale for NZD$38.73 from NZD$96.84!
 
I really don't feel the model does the dress any justice as it looks much nicer on, quite Grecian styled and the dress has been made to look like a wrap around even though it isn't and I really love the bow at the front, makes me feel like cute pregnant present :D
It's nice and floaty and it's something I'll find myself wearing even after I've given birth.
Another thing is that the colour looks more like the 3rd picture rather than the first two and the spaghetti strap on the other side is detachable.
I'll be doing an outfit shot for this very soon...
 
Anyway enough about me! Here's a few things that little Luka has been brought/given lately...
 


Buzzy Bee 'Pull Along' toy // Can purchase from The Warehouse or other toy retailers // NZD$34.99
 
This is a Kiwi classic 'must have' in toys. The Buzzy Bee made itself present in the 1940's, it's a simple and 'cute as a button' toy which clicks as you pull it along.
Prince William was given one when he first visited New Zealand with his parents :-)
 

Luka's grandmother (my lovely mother in law) paid a visit to Vietnam recently and brought her some clothes for when she's much older (we're pretty set with newborn items).


They're all so cute and colourful!
Most of the items were handmade too and the tailoring is just fantastic I can't wait to get bubs into them :-)


In between the clothes was this gorgeous handmade dragonfly mobile. Sorry if the photo does it no justice :P


The top two are just a few things I've brought for Luka, the cute Piglet onesie and a reversible cardigan.
The bottom two are more handmade items from Vietnam :-)


And finally this t-shirt was a gift from one of my friends who knows how much I love Metallica!
I have already planned to pair this up with some striped leggings, sneakers and put her hair up in pigtails CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!!
Of course Luka will need to be at least a year old+ before she'll be able to fit this but it's still an awesome gift :-)

So that's me for now, I know it's quite pic heavy but I'm very excited for what I've received :-)

Until next time!

XOXOX 



2 comments:

  1. Tattoos are a mark of your personality, an extension of who you are, besides being a style statement. They are no longer associated with being brash or over-the-top, but something that creates a sense of individuality and confidence. Tattoos are attention seeking, desirable and they create a sense of uniqueness to your persona. However, as more and more people get into the tattoo style quotient, it may seem that the one that you have worn is something that someone at the third row of your seat also flaunts. So, the individualistic streak of a tattoo goes missing.

    http://tattoodesigns.simplified4u.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mark,
      Totally agree with you on you're statement of tattoos etc but mine is something that I put a lot thought into for over a period of 8years. Going through different designs, designing my own and then I eventually collaborated with an amazing tattooist who designed me the one you've probably seen.
      I don't show it off very often, I wear closed in t-shirts quite a bit unless I am wearing dresses. My tattoo is very unique to me and does have a deep meaning to it which I prefer not explain to just anyone as no-one knows my background.
      Yes, the mandala design I got is becoming quite common, but the design I got in itself is unique.
      Thanks for you're comment dude

      Delete

I read & reply to all comments, do please check back to see if I have replied to yours.
Thank you ❤