Friday 24 January 2014

Benefit "They're Real" mascara


Hell I don't know the last time I've written something up about makeup.

Now being a mother I've had to come up with an easy way of applying a natural looking complexion that's suitable for any occasion so I can quickly get back to my little one.

This makeup application was done for Christmas Day last year :-)
This look is my go to.
Just a dash of foundation.
Dab of concealer.
Sweep of powder.
Puff of blush and a flick of my fave new mascara by Benefit, "They're Real".

Before





After




I purchased it in this blog post here and it's truly amazing.
I already have long lashes per the before and after pics but I can't help but dramatise them.
My eyes, I would say, are def my best feature. Sue me ;-)

Benefits review have been something I've easily agreed on as it pretty much states what I've found with the product.
Based on their stats from consumers:
94% saw dramatic length and volume
90% saw base to tip curl
94% saw visible lift
100% saw visible results



I find the ingredients non clumpy, well lubricated and distributes evenly on each lash thus giving each lash a dark dramatic coat and with being able to use the wand horizontally you can spread the lashes out evenly if they decide to stick together like mine do at times.
I also find the norm results which is long wearing, doesn't smudge and more length and volume.
The way I apply it though is pretty much the same as I've always done with mascara which is in strokes rather than what Benefit have recommended in wiggling the wand from side to side whilst stroking.
Actually I've found that works too to separate the lashes and define them more.
I've noticed more curl, length and volume, another given from Benefit for this product so I can easily say my review is as it's been stated from the amazing cosmetic company.
And for a retail price of NZD$45 for the mascara it is an investment and my mascara's last me longer than the 3month time frame usually recommended so I will be getting my money's worth no sweat :-)

So that's my review, hoped you like it, here's the products I used to achieve the look in the photos:

Face

  • Bio oil - all over face, neck and decolletage
  • POREfessional primer - over cheeks, nose, forehead and chin
  • Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation in "Cheers to Me" Champagne over face and neck
  • Boi-ing concealer in 01 light  on dark circles and blemishes
  • Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Powder " Me Vain?" Champagne over face and neck
  • MAC Peachy Keen blush 

Eyes

  • MAC Old Gold Pigment over lid, light application
  • They're Real Mascara on upper and lower lashes
*eyes can be taken from day to night with a smokey application

Lips

  • Nivea lip balm

If you have any views on this or any of the Benefit products or any cosmetics that you think are worth a look at, let me know, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read & reply to all comments, do please check back to see if I have replied to yours.
Thank you ❤